Clinton Chamber of Commerce is seeking a part-time Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the Chamber which includes overseeing Clinton’s successful Farmers’ Market
and other seasonal events, managing Chamber finances, maintaining the Chamber website, developing initiatives of value to Chamber members and furthering the Chamber’s mission to support local commerce and build community.
Must possess excellent oral and written communication and strong customer service skills. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, QuickBooks, Constant Contact and social media. Must professionally and
ethically represent the Clinton Chamber of Commerce.
Forward résumés to Board President, Karen Ostinett, 108-110 Utica Road, Clinton New York 13323 or email email@example.com.
Deadline for application: August 10, 2022.
In conjunction with the Board of Directors, responsible for the overall management of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and furthering the Chamber’s mission.
- Manage communications and act as liaison between the Chamber Board of Directors, Chamber members, local municipalities, and members of the community
- Manage Clinton Chamber of Commerce responsibilities
- Annual membership renewal and recruitment of new members
- Manage the various events of the Clinton Chamber, including the Annual Meeting, Art and Music Festival, Art Rocks, Shoppers’ Stroll & Holiday Parade and 5K Jingle Jog
- Support the local Merchants Group and assist in promoting their annual events e.g., the Sidewalk Sales, Off the Hill Challenge, Late Night Fridays in December, etc.
- Manage production of annual marketing materials
- Manage annual calendar of responsibilities of the Clinton Chamber
- Responsible for the financial management of the Clinton Chamber bank accounts
- Manage and report on all active bank accounts
- Maintain accurate record keeping for all financial activities
- Provide statements and account updates to the Board of Directors
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Responsible for the management of the Clinton Farmers’ Market
- Manage vendor selection, application, and fee collection processes
- Develop site plan for vendor placement
- Manage the unloading, parking, and set up of vendors
- Maintain the Market policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop initiatives that add value to Chamber members
- Any and all other duties as required of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires experience in all aspects of managing and operating a small business
- Basic knowledge and experience with standard software, including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Constant Contact and social media.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce, geographical membership area and community events.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Must professionally represent the Clinton Chamber of Commerce.
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- Typically requires 4+ years experience in business management or non-profit agency
- Based on experience
- Flexible 20 hour work week